Question GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine

Feb 14, 2024
(Specs at the bottom)

Edit: Today, my monitor lost signal to the PC when it was connected to the motherboard/iGPU and the discrete GPU was disconnected. Thinking about RMAing the motherboard.

My PC is about 40 days old, this problem has been occurring for the past 30.

My GPU turns off randomly while gaming or simply browsing(mostly while gaming), while the rest of the PC keeps on running. The monitor shows 'No signal'. The power button also doesn't respond, so I have to manually turn off the PSU. The PC runs just fine on the iGPU.

Things I have tried so far:

-Resetting the PC and removing everything
-Upgrading from Windows 10 to 11
-Shipping the GPU out to a service centre for testing
-DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility
-MemTest86, Windows Memory Diagnostic, TM5 Absolut 16 Passes, OCCT CPU Testing 1 hour(Large AVX2), OCCT Power Stability Testing 1 hr, Prime95 1.5 hrs
-Furmark 15 mins of Extreme Burn-in testing(GPU's temps were good)
-Reseating the GPU
-Undervolting
-Disabling XMP

Windows Event viewer doesn't create a minidump file for these crashes.

Specs:

GPU: AMD 6750XT OC(ASRock Challenger Pro)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600x
RAM: G Skill Trident Z5 6000Mhz(16x2)
Motherboard: B650m Gigabyte Gaming X AX WiFi(rev 1.3)
SSD: Corsair MP600 Pro NH 1TB Gen 4
PSU: Deepcool DQ850M-V3L 850w 80 Plus Gold Modular

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Upgrading from Windows 10 to 11
Did you perform the upgrade through the internal upgrade path from 10 to 11? If so, you should reinstall the OS after creating the bootable USB installer. Install the OS in offline mode.

Try and use another PSU and see if the issue persists.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment?

Reactions: GrimAscentor
Feb 14, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Upgrading from Windows 10 to 11
Did you perform the upgrade through the internal upgrade path from 10 to 11? If so, you should reinstall the OS after creating the bootable USB installer. Install the OS in offline mode.

Try and use another PSU and see if the issue persists.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment?
Thank you for responding.

I did upgrade to 11 internally, but previously(when I was still on Win 10) I had reset Win 10 and installed it through the USB(which caused my WiFi and Bluetooth Drivers to be gone lol). Though that was before the GPU crashes.

My BIOS version is the latest, though admittedly, I installed it through the Gigabyte Control Centre.

Also another thing I’d like to mention, if it matters:

I had an issue of random restarts(the entire PC), which was caused by Network Card Drivers according to the minidump file. I disabled ‘Realtek Family Controller’ or something, which is basically Ethernet, and have not had that issue since. Though that entire issue might’ve just been due to me installing the WiFi Drivers from Microsoft Catalogue initially(after resetting).

TRENDING THREADS