[SOLVED] GPU usage and CPU temp fluctuating with 1 Chrome tab with a YouTube video open??

Feb 11, 2021
Video with fluctuation here

My specs are:
B550 Phantom Gaming 4
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core processor w/ Wraith cooler
16gb DDR4 at 24000

This only started happening this morning, I noticed my disk and memory usage was at 100% on the desktop and restarted my PC, only for it to be stuck fluctuating around 30-40% usage with only Chrome, discord, and steam open which would normally only use single digit numbers from the GPU. I noticed CPU temps are also fluctuating between 50-63C in less than 15 seconds. Could this be caused by a large background process draw such as oculus?

Solution
The temperature in Ryzen processors will fluctuate since all the background tasks that need tending to will get lumped into a single core, which boosts as much as it can. The main temperature sensor will report the hottest part of the processor as well.

The GPU is also used for video decoding these days, so it's expected that will show activity.
The temperature in Ryzen processors will fluctuate since all the background tasks that need tending to will get lumped into a single core, which boosts as much as it can. The main temperature sensor will report the hottest part of the processor as well.

The GPU is also used for video decoding these days, so it's expected that will show activity.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS