Jun 19, 2016
specs:
core2quad q9400@2.66 (stock)
msi q41m-p33 combo
2x2gb kingston ram @800mhz ddr2
evga gt240 1gb ddr3
450w psu
1xhdd black caviar 650gb

the stuttering comes randomly in some games (bf4 and far cry3) and lasts about 10-20 seconds
cpu and gpu temps are ok
cpu about 50c and gpu 62-55c
however i doesnt come in some other games for example in csgo and pes 2017

i tried to do a memory diagnostic test but it showed no errors

Solution
Your machine is old (from 2011, last BIOS from 2014), and if i'm not mistaken, that HDD model is listed on amazon from 2007 (whenever you bought yours).
Perhaps there is some IO-intense background activity (antivirus comes to mind, or a scheduled defrag), so you may watch your taskmanager which process is active at that time (10 seconds should be enough time to check, if you started taskmanager beforehand).
Also check your system-log, if your hdd shows problems, as such effects (lagging) might (or might not) be an indicator for that.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Your machine is old (from 2011, last BIOS from 2014), and if i'm not mistaken, that HDD model is listed on amazon from 2007 (whenever you bought yours).
Perhaps there is some IO-intense background activity (antivirus comes to mind, or a scheduled defrag), so you may watch your taskmanager which process is active at that time (10 seconds should be enough time to check, if you started taskmanager beforehand).
Also check your system-log, if your hdd shows problems, as such effects (lagging) might (or might not) be an indicator for that.

Solution