Question GPU White Flashing Lights

Aug 17, 2023
I have a Gigabyte 3060ti Gaming OC, a Ryzen 5 5600x and a EVGA 600B power supply, and my GPU is currently flashing, but I've only really seen it flash when I am playing Yakuza 0, it is not a very demanding game, and as far as I can see, it only uses 140W of power, but whenever I test it out in FurMark, even though the GPU is pulling 200W, it doesn't flash one bit, anyone have an idea of the issue?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
GPU is currently flashing
This flashing?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1milKOPa9zA

See 25:51 - 26:43.

it only uses 140W of power, but whenever I test it out in FurMark, even though the GPU is pulling 200W, it doesn't flash one bit
The gpu will pull more than that; software doesn't catch the spikes, and 30 series in particular was pretty bad with it compared to other recent generations.
Furmark load doesn't equal game loads. Games are a better stress test than it is. Furmark is best used to analyze how good the gpu cooler is.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I had some cablemod extension cables for my GPU, I removed them, and the LEDs are no longer flashing, really damn weird.
The extra length adds resistance, leading to greater voltage droop.
Since psus do age; their output decreases over time, the use of cable extensions means more frequent psu changes.