Question GPU worked after I disconnected it for few weeks.

Jul 22, 2020
Mobo: Gigabyte H81 S2PV
Ram: 2x 4gb DDr3 1333Mhz
GPU: Zotac 1050ti mini
PSU: Non brand 550 watt
(I use a HDMI to VGA convarter for my GPU )

Everything was running fine, but one afternoon after an unexpected shutdown I found out that GPU fan isn't spinning and no display from GPU, but But there is Display from MoBo's VGA port. I opened up, cleaned out, and reconnect my whole system but still no display from GPU. So, I packed the GPU up and start using my PC without it.
After a few weeks out of curiosity, I connected my GPU on the system without doing anything else and it worked. GPU is working like normal. No issue on gameplay, GPU load, temperature all is fine. It lasted for 10 to13 days.
Then one afternoon I restarted my PC and the same problem started- there is no display and GPU fan wasn't spinning but MoBo's VGA port has display. I kept the PC shut down for the rest of the day. The next morning I boot up my PC, GPU works fine again. But after a few hours when I shut down or restart the PC it doesn't work anymore. The next morning GPU didn't work at all. So I packed it up again.

This morning I connected it up and the fan started spinning but no display from the GPU nor the MoBo (I reset MoBo bios) also GPU heatsink was turning hot.
(Sorry for the bad english)

Now my question is, what is the problem?

Jul 22, 2020
the HDMI to VGA adapter can be a problem as well. Did you try the card in your cousin´s system directly to HDMI?
Which system does your cousin use?

Your GPU might be faulty
No, I used the same converter.

His system:
CPU: AMD 3200g
Mobo: Asus prime B450-A
Ram: 8gb 2400mhz ddr4
PSU: same as mine, but new.

NOTE: GPU's back part was covered by a very thick dark ink type of dust. I Cleaned out most of it but some of it is still there also a small amount of rust is inside the ports.

GPU worked fine with the rust and the dust for the last couple of months( I think ).