[SOLVED] Graphic card causing my PC to restart while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2021
I'm facing a problem, whenever I play any kind of game (Valorant,The Sims,CSGO) , my PC restarts itself- no warnings, no nothing. I don't know much about PC's so I have no idea what could be causing it.
First the screen goes black, then the PC restarts.
I already tried updating all drivers, cleaning the PC, but nothing helped. We tried to install the gpu to my friends PC, but his screen went white and nothing worked, so we assume it's a faulty GPU.

Specs:
i5-3570K
Z68XP-UD4
AMD R9 390X
24GB ram
750W PSU

Solution
We tried to install the gpu to my friends PC, but his screen went white and nothing worked
but it still functions in your system?

usually when games or other heavy graphical workloads cause a system to crash
it's either a temperature issue, faulty GPU drivers, or just a malfunctioning card.

one easy try is to run DDU in safe mode and remove all traces of graphics related files.
then reinstall the latest package directly from AMD.
whenever I play any kind of game.., my PC restarts itself
also run a stress test on the CPU to ensure that it may not be a culprit.

and keep an eye on both CPU & GPU temperatures when your games are running.
see what kinds of max temp they both hit just before the crashing occurs.
We tried to install the gpu to my friends PC, but his screen went white and nothing worked
but it still functions in your system?

usually when games or other heavy graphical workloads cause a system to crash
it's either a temperature issue, faulty GPU drivers, or just a malfunctioning card.

one easy try is to run DDU in safe mode and remove all traces of graphics related files.
whenever I play any kind of game.., my PC restarts itself

Reactions: SpikeX
Solution
Jul 12, 2021

So I tried using the DDU and reinstalling everything again, but it didn't help. I also tried running the said stress test after the reinstallation, but I can't even finish it, my pc sometimes restarts immediately after I run the stress test and sometimes it goes for 2-10 minutes and randomly restarts itself again. CPU and GPU temperatures don't go over 70°C .

Also, I forgot to mention that I tried underclocking my GPU in msi afterburner from 1070 1500 to 980 1410 and because of it I was able to play a little longer, but after an hour or so it restarts again everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS