[SOLVED] graphic card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
I have a dell xps 8900 pc.I need to upgrade my graphic card to play shadow of tomb raider.My pc has a 460w pcu pci eexpress x 16 card slot i would like to know whats the best card i can use without going nuts on price.The games minimum requirements recomends a 1060 card

Solution
Everything has changed since then. It would be a good idea to start a new thread including your current build specs, budget, country or region where the hardware needs to be purchased and a brief outline of your expectations for the build.
That is pretty much the best price for what I'd recommend using an Nvidia solution in that price range.

If you want to stick to AMD, and not spend any more than absolutely necessary, then you could just continue using the 8GB of RAM you have now, and just do this:

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT 4 GB PULSE Video Card ($183.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $243.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-28 20:08 EST-0500

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Crucial 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($74.11 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($228.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $363.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-28 14:01 EST-0500
It has been along time since i setup this post and i was not able at that time to buy either of the graphic cards that was recommended.Now i am able to be able to buy either one but only on amazon so i went to amazon and could not find either card they have Was wondering if you could take a look and give advise on which card i can use.Either the evga or the radeon will be ok i think might work but am not sure which one is the best choice.

Everything has changed since then. It would be a good idea to start a new thread including your current build specs, budget, country or region where the hardware needs to be purchased and a brief outline of your expectations for the build.

Solution