Question Graphics artifacts when trying to log in to computer

Oct 1, 2019
I am getting artefacts at the login screen after pressing a button to bring up the enter password prompt. The artefacts last for a few seconds and then the screen goes black for another few seconds. After that everything seems to have returned to normal. However when using the computer for longer periods the screen will sometimes go black just like when trying to login. (This doesn't seem to occur that often though unlike the first error). The artefacts seem to be worse the longer it is since the last time the computer was on.

It might be worth knowing that the problems started appaearing after the dx 12 version of Civilization VI crashed a couple of days ago. Civ always ran without a problem before that point and the dx 11 version still works fine. Sometimes artifacts occur when civ crashe as well.

I have already tried updating the graphics drivers and that didn't fix the issue. I believe the problem is gpu or monitor related however I won't discount the idea of it being a software issue. I have also tried switching out the cable and using a different port which unfortunately did not work.

Anyone know what the problem is or think they can help me figure it out?

Oct 1, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
My specs are:
i5 7600k
Asus gtx 1060 6GB
Corsair 16 GB 2666 mHz ddr4 ram
Asus z270 prime-p motherboard
Cooler master masterwatt lite 600 watt psu
Samsung 860 evo 250 GB ssd
Seagate barracuda 1 TB 7200 rpm hdd

I have thought about it being a psu related problem but it certainly is not my first guess. Not the nicest psu though so I would not be surprised if it was what fails. Should probably have spent more on it.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS