Question Graphics Card around $80-$220 (INR5000-15000)

Pushparaaj

Honorable
May 16, 2014
Hi,
I am professionally a Designer and an ultimate gamer. I would like to upgrade my Sapphire R9 270X (defective). My budget is around $80-$220 (INR5000-15000). Kindly suggest me a GPU which is good for gaming and also for workstation to boost up in Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro & 3ds Max Rendering. Consider on cheap and best available GPUs in India with a price option (sort from lower to higher price point on my budget scale)

My Specs
AMD FX-8120 Processor
MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 8+4GB RAM
WD 2TB + 500GB Internal Hard drive
Corsair 550Watts PSU
Sapphire R9 270X 2GB GPU (Defective)
Dell P2419H Monitor

Question to Note: How about a single GPU for workstation and gaming?

Thanks in advance

``````

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Workstation GPU's are designed to work with CAD based apps whereby you're creating something anew. Workstation GPU's aren't ideal for gaming. Gaming GPU's can be used as workstation GPU's but they will perform below par a workstation GPU.

Before we shell out suggestions, might want to share the model for your 550W Corsair PSU and how old it is.

Also, that 8+4 setup in your ram isn't doing the platform any favors. You should be looking at a 2x8 GB DDR3 kit, as opposed to working with two mismatched sticks. Akin to walking with legs of two different lengths. No offense.

Reactions: Pushparaaj

Pushparaaj

Honorable
May 16, 2014
Workstation GPU's are designed to work with CAD based apps whereby you're creating something anew. Workstation GPU's aren't ideal for gaming. Gaming GPU's can be used as workstation GPU's but they will perform below par a workstation GPU.

Before we shell out suggestions, might want to share the model for your 550W Corsair PSU and how old it is.

Also, that 8+4 setup in your ram isn't doing the platform any favors. You should be looking at a 2x8 GB DDR3 kit, as opposed to working with two mismatched sticks. Akin to walking with legs of two different lengths. No offense.

Thanks for the reply

My spec is all about power gaming and ideal for workstation & desktop. So i will move on to gaming GPU which could at-least perform an ideal on Adobe Softwares, Textures & MRender on 3d (as of my profession).

My PSU Model: Corsair VS550 550-Watt Power Supply (Crossed 2nd Year)

I am unaware of RAM setup which was purchased in 2013. Due to my budget, I gradually increased my specs (don't hit on me :sweatsmile:). First 4gb and then 8gb :neutral: . I would appreciate your guidance on changing RAM. or single RAM kit with 8gb performs enough?

Note: I couldn't afford two different pc for two different platforms (gaming and workstation). So make a bit comfortable without heavy budget 😬

Last edited: