Question Graphics Card/Computer Crash Drivers Gone!

Sir Levir

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
Please Help! For some reason, my monitor loses signal from my graphics card and after awhile, my computer will restart and after signing in, my graphics drivers are gone. I have an AMD graphics card. Please help

Sir Levir

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am using an RX 470 and I have been having some issues I think are due to the AMD Radeon software. Occasionally, I will be using my computer, nothing graphics intensive such as using Google Chrome, and my monitor will just lose signal. As this happens, the fans in my RX 470 will continuously run at max speed. I tried leaving it alone to see if it will self correct and nothing ever happens. I have tried unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in from both ends. The only remedy I find is to manually turn off the computer by holding down the power button. After rebooting the computer, AMD Radeon seems to uninstall itself. When I type "Radeon" in the start bar of Windows, it will pop up as an option to open, but when I try to open it, it says, "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." When I do reinstall the drivers, everything seems to work fine for awhile, until the same issue happens again! Please help me with this issue if you can.

Much apricated,
A.

Test the card in another computer with a good quality power supply.

Need to list full system specs including the power supply brand and model. Could be an issue with the card or the power supply. Have you tried a clean Windows setup also? Although most likely issue is with the card or the PSU.