[SOLVED] Graphics Card, CPU Port Compatability

May 26, 2022
Hey guys,
The thing is I have a HP Compaq 6300 pro and want to fix MSI GT 1030 Graphics Card which is compatible with the motherboard. But the GPU has only HDMI and Displayport but my CPU does not have HDMI nor DisplayPort but I am thinking of using a Displayport/HDMI>DVI-D Converter cable to connect to my monitor. Will there be output from the hdmi or displayport on the monitor. My monitor only has VGA and DVI-D. What can I do?

Will use adapter
just be a bit wary when purchasing these types of adapters online.

make sure there are a lot of reviews mentioning that it worked in a similar scenario and that the seller/retailer offers good return/refund policy.

there are a lot of very cheaply made adapters out there that may not offer proper bandwidth or have other defects.

Reactions: vedaya2355
May 26, 2022

make sure there are a lot of reviews mentioning that it worked in a similar scenario and that the seller/retailer offers good return/refund policy.

there are a lot of very cheaply made adapters out there that may not offer proper bandwidth or have other defects.

thanks brother

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost