Graphics Card is not working?

generalramen

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Ok so I bought an AMD Radeon 6670 graphics card, and to make this story simple: It won't work.

My old card was a GT 520. At first, I plugged in my new card into the 2nd slot and installed all the drivers for the card. Afterwords, I turned off my computer, removed the GT 520 and the AMD 6670. I put the AMD into the slot where the GT 520 was. I plugged in my VGA to DL DVI-I adapter and turned the computer on, but nothing shows up on my monitor!

Is the problem a faulty adapter? or does the graphics card need to be in the same slot? All the cords were plugged in, and when I had both the GT 520 and the AMD in at the same time, it said the card was working properly in device manager. The card supports Dual Link Dvi-I, HDMI, and a displayport. Do I need to plug in an HDMI and/or a displayport cable? Or is the Dual Link enough?

Any responses are appreciated. Thanks to everyone!

popatim

Titan
remove the card and install the 520, boot up, uninstall the nvidia diplay drivers, then use driver sweeper to remove any left over pieces. Shut down and swp cards and boot back up. It will likely reinstall the drivers since the card is in a new slot but should have them all since its already installed once.

generalramen

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Ok I will try this thanks! In the case this doesn't work (like if the problem is the adapter) is there a way to reinstall the Nvidia display drivers? Gonna confirm this before doing it. Thanks!

generalramen

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

I will try this if you... Reword this a bit better?

generalramen

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

thing.jpg

I think this is what you're talking about... Sorry don't really know my way around CPU-Z... Sorry for making this harder than it is...

sid3695

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
try updating bios ...... your pcie version might be 1.0 or 1.1 ...and 6670 is a 2.1 card.. although theoretically they are compatible .... but i have seen some 6670 having trouble with pcie 1.0 and 1.1

sid that an h67 asus motherboardf it has pci 2.0 port on it. you have to read the mb model that waved on the top of the mb and then go to asus web page. do the bios upodates is order and use the cmos updater inside the bios. dont use the windows update a lot of times updating the bios in windows your anti virus can cause it to fail. then you have as bricked mb.

generalramen

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

How do I update the BIOS? & How do I take out the battery? Once again, I am a computer noob... Haha.

generalramen

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Ok thanks for the advice. Can't seem to find the update section on the Asus page however...