[SOLVED] Graphics card not detected but is working.

Oct 14, 2021
I've had a 2060 Super for the longest time with a super old pc. (I got the GPU as a gift, I had to get a new power supply because the old computer couldn't handle it hah). So my relic finally started dying and I went and got new parts. New motherboard, CPU, RAM and a case to fit it all in. Put everything together and it works!

Except... the GPU isn't popping up on task manager and windows is defaulting to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter for the display. NVidia isn't detecting any compatible hardware so I can't download new drives. I have the DP port connecting to the GPU and the monitor is up and running (I'm actually using it right now). The HDMI port isn't registering at all even if I plug it into the motherboards HDMI port.

Other clues: I have a PCI device in my device manager without any drives. Updating it from device manager and it can't find any drives for it Hardware ID is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1ADB&SUBSYS_13AD10DE&REV_A1 Which I'm pretty sure is NVidia related right?

I also have a PCI Simple Communications Controller device with no drives. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&SUBSYS_7C751462&REV_00 is the hardware ID.

I can actually see the GPU in the motherboard when I "browse" what's plugged in in the BIOS, but it only says its something NVidia related, not specifically the name of the 2060 gpu.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-10600K
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A Pro
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
Power: EVGA 700 Bronze
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 gb (2x8) DDR4
Running Windows 10 (should be latest version, but updating it has been a major pain)

Any help would be appreciated!

Oct 14, 2021
Have you installed all your motherboard drivers?
I installed everything that came on the CD with the motherboard, I don't know if it makes a difference but the ME Intel drives specifically were never able to install. Doesn't say it failed or anything, just doesn't install. All the other Intel chipset drives and everything else installed fine.

Oct 14, 2021
If you see the card in device manager have you tried to install the driver from there? Another option is through win update.
The only device registered under Display Adapters is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. When I try to update it it says it is up to date. I've tried to uninstall it and install nvidia drives to no avail.

Thank you for replying though! I haven't gotten anywhere asking around on other platforms (aka no responses at all).

Oct 14, 2021
Re seat card and hope for best. Other option is to mess with BIOS settings for PCIe mode.
Ok wait I’ve heard this before but I need some help. I know my motherboard has some integrated graphics and so right now I’m in the bios. But I don’t know what settings to change. There’s lots of acronyms and short terms and I don’t want to break anything.