Jan 18, 2013
I have a new build which includes
Motherboard GA-970A-UD3
Processor AMD FX 8-core Black Edition
Graphics card HD7850
RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Hard Drive 1000TB 7200 RPM WD
PSU Apevia ATX-IB680W-GN

All fans and lights come on, with the exception of the graphics card, the graphics card fan seems to turn on for a second and than off again, with showing no display. So i pulled my old graphics card of an old computer, Installed it the fan comes on but there is no output, so im unsure of how farther to trouble shoot what might be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Make sure everything is plugged in correctly (Ram, power cables) and also try to boot without the card. If it does boot without it, might have a defective card. Also, that Power supply looks very cheap you should've just go with Corsair, Xfx, Seasonic ...

- The Brownie

ikaz

Distinguished
Best thing to do is disconnect every that is not required for the PC too boot up, and only use the minium about of memory in the system. So disconnect the HD, CD rom and remove one memory stick (assuming 2x8 configure) heck you can also disconnect the mouse and keyboard and you still should get the bios screen. If you do then go from there start attaching different devices and see where it fails.