Question Graphics card not working properly after update.

Jun 30, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have been having issues with my video card (at least I believe that is the problem) recently after updating.

My video card info is:
Radeon Software Version - 19.6.3
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 580 Series
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1366 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz

After updating to the Adrenalin update, my computer requires multiple hard resets before anything comes on screen. My monitor also says "no signal detected". Also. when I do the resets when it is acting up, I just barely touch the power button and the system shuts off, unlike how I normally have to hold the power button to get a hard shutdown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

ATNG POWER CO., LTD MODEL: ATM-500FB

Is this your PSU model, regardless of the 400 W ? Is it from ANTG ? I don't think you should be using this PSU on any gaming PC. Do you have CyberPowerPC by any chance ? Because some of their systems have this PSU model. This doesn't look like a very high quality power unit.

For the RX 580, a min 500 Watts high quality unit is recommended. This model only provides 360 Watt on +12V RAIL, though yours should be 460 Watts.

81n3V%2B2JYgL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019
Is this your PSU model, regardless of the 400 W ? Is it from ANTG ? I don't think you should be using this PSU on any gaming PC. Do you have CyberPowerPC by any chance ? Because some of their systems have this PSU model. This doesn't look like a very high quality power unit.

For the RX 580, a min 500 Watts high quality unit is recommended. This model only provides 360 Watt on +12V RAIL, though yours should be 460 Watts.

81n3V%2B2JYgL._SL1500_.jpg
It's the same. Yeah I got the whole rig as a gift in 2017, it is from Cyberpower. What psu would you recommend for my current rig if I wanted it to last through an upgrade cycle or two?

Thank you for responding by the way.

What psu would you recommend for my current rig if I wanted it to last through an upgrade cycle or two?

What's your budget for the PSU, and where are your located/country ?

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Jun 30, 2019

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

I can put down around $300. I live in California.

I can put down around $300. I live in California.

Okay. That's an excellent budget, more than enough to get a very high quality PSU model. For the RX 580, a min 500 Watts high quality unit is recommended, but you can increase the Wattage for some extra headroom (650 -700 Watts).

Though WATTAGE number alone doesn't matter that much, but QUALITY does. The total wattage number of any PSU is not always really the most important deciding factor, primary concern is the 'quality' of power it produces, and the total capacity of the 12V source etc.

The OEM also matters a lot, instead of the actual PSU brand. I've seen PSUs labelled as 1K watts, but in actual real world scenarios, they can hardly pull 400 Watts from the wall, even under full load. I've always given the topmost priority to PSU when building any RIG, and I mostly go for Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 units, because we know a TITANIUM/Platinum/Gold PSU is going to be much more efficient under 50% load, than a bronze/silver or a generic 80 plus certified PSU.

But anyways, never mind all this theory/lecture, I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova G1+, GQ, P2, T2, G2, B2, BQ =>750.

Jun 30, 2019
Okay. That's an excellent budget, more than enough to get a very high quality PSU model. For the RX 580, a min 500 Watts high quality unit is recommended, but you can increase the Wattage for some extra headroom (650 -700 Watts).

Though WATTAGE number alone doesn't matter that much, but QUALITY does. The total wattage number of any PSU is not always really the most important deciding factor, primary concern is the 'quality' of power it produces, and the total capacity of the 12V source etc.

The OEM also matters a lot, instead of the actual PSU brand. I've seen PSUs labelled as 1K watts, but in actual real world scenarios, they can hardly pull 400 Watts from the wall, even under full load. I've always given the topmost priority to PSU when building any RIG, and I mostly go for Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 units, because we know a TITANIUM/Platinum/Gold PSU is going to be much more efficient under 50% load, than a bronze/silver or a generic 80 plus certified PSU.

But anyways, never mind all this theory/lecture, I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

Thank you very much for your help. Hopefully a new psu will alleviate the issue.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Jun 30, 2019
I'm not well versed in the nuts and bolts aspect. Seeing as I have a pre-made rig, should i go for modular, semi-modular or non-modular for my pus upgrade?

Thanks again.

Jun 30, 2019

Any idea what cables I'll need to buy for my current set up?

Jun 30, 2019
So i got a Seasonic Focus. 80+ Gold 650 and I have similar issues. No instant resets, but i have a persistent black screen that says. "No Signal". I noticed that the video card fans are not moving at all, if that helps.

Jul 5, 2019
Yeah i also had issues with the new drivers for 580,i had uninstalled the new driver and installed older driver set power limt to 50 (max) and that fixed it.

Jun 30, 2019
Update: I am an idiot. I must have slightly jostled the graphics card when I was connecting all the PUS cables. I went through and tightened everything in the case and in the process discovered that the video card wasn't quite perfectly seated. I am typing this on my PC with its new, much more powerful PSU.

Thank you for you help!