Graphics card or Monitor

cptobviouskyle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Hello everyone. My name is Kyle and I believe I've (Sadly) got a serious issue. I'm currently at college, in a dorm, and something seems to have happened to my computer over night? Yesterday I was playing games perfectly fine and such, now things have gotten bad. It all started this morning when I tried to play a game I got the following error message:
D3D Error - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
and also:
DX11 error : CreateTexture failed

Anyhow this doesn't seem like a large deal correct? So I thought, "Something must be outdated." I was correct my GPU was in fact out dated. I ended up starting the update then the monitor flashed and turned off. This didn't suprise me because in the past Nvidia updates it normally turned the monitor on then off again. However this time it didn't turn back on. It said "No connection" (Not the actual message but I can't remember specifically what it said. I then had to forceable power the PC off then back on. DURING THE UPDATE. The computer then had to recover. When it finally started up it did so normally and quickly. However whenever I'm playing games now and/or doing anything for a certain amount of time the screen gets missing pixels. Just out of nowhere a few blocks will be missing out of the screen. They're not in the same place whatsoever. They scatter randomly. It now says my GPU is updated fully but somethings wrong and I'm seriously worried something has gone bad. Also if I keep playing the game with the missing pixels the monitor will just completely lose connection and won't connect back to the PC until I do a clean reboot. I tried unplugging the monitor from the PC and re plugging but that doesn't fix the issue. I know for a fact that the problem couldn't be heat, as there is a giant cooler right next to it keeping it at about 50 degrees. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks,
-Kyle

cptobviouskyle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

Sadly I'm a poor college kid. Lol. Besides my PC I've got nothing haha. I'd rather not buy a new monitor if I can control it

cptobviouskyle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

Very good idea! Wow I didn't think about that. Also my GPU isn't integrated. Its a GTX 750Ti. Be back after testing rolling it back

atomicwhip117

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Alright, I was asking if you had integrated graphics, because you could've tested the motherboard's video to check if that was fine. After rolling back, test it around and check if games have that pixel/block issue. If not, then it was just a failed update. If you do want to go through the update, then double check that it is for your graphics card, and let it go all the way through. I remember shutting a PC off during a Windows update, now that's a true nightmare.

cptobviouskyle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

Thanks so much so good news and bad news. It seems the pixel problem is gone! YAY! However now whenever I start up certain games I still get the "D3D Error DX... Well you can see it above. I believe this is a Direct X error. However I have already tried reinstalling however if you get the downloader from online it only checks and makes sure you have the correct update. But it doesn't have a repair option. Again thanks!

atomicwhip117

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
well, if you're having that problem with certain games, this will be Direct X issue with the installation of the game. Some games come with their own Direct X that's specific to the game (Saint's Row I know does that)