News Graphics Card Power Consumption Tested: Which GPUs Slurp the Most Juice?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Damn, can we just appreciate the work that Jarred has done in this article:

I keep finding myself going back (several times a year) to this article hoping for new updates with newer cards or with some of the missing cards from the RX 6000-series like such as 6600 XT, 6650 XT and 6700 non-XT. Hope they will be added in the list in the future haha :D
With the energy prices skyrocketing here in Scandinavia, Europe - Power consumption and fps per watt is very relevant for us or atleast for me. :D

AMD and Nvidia - Please hook him up with these cards!

EDIT: Woops sorry, forgot that I commented on this topic earlier haha!
FWIW, the updated power charts are in the GPU benchmarks hierarchy, near the bottom of the first page. I did drop anything pre-ray tracing from the charts, though, so it's only RTX 20 and newer, RX 6000 and newer, and Arc.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
With the energy prices skyrocketing here in Scandinavia, Europe - Power consumption and fps per watt is very relevant for us or atleast for me. :D
If you really care about power consumption, then you'll want to use a utility program to limit clock speeds. You could look into undervolting, as well.

GPUs tend to clock far above their peak-efficiency point. At lower utilization, they can be a lot more efficient. I can't say whether it would make sense for you even to buy a wider GPU to facilitate this, but perhaps if your power is expensive enough.

hamoo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2014
a vega ? wasn't that a car they made in the 1980s ?
lol, why test these obsolete cards ? we know the old ones were not efficient. you should have a cut off date. then, use the amazon best sellers list to pick and choose the cards you want to pick for review. i wanted to see specs on the radeon rx 6600 xt. some of us are still using win 7 ultra. i had to go look which one cards in your review were still compatible