Question Graphics card r7 240 changes to radeon 3000 graphics in manager after a crash

Mar 28, 2023
I have a r7 240 gpu,everything was fine until yesterday,I tried playing some games like I usually do,but the computer went blank,with a sound in the headphones like it was a bsod i couldn't see,the pc restarts,the keyboard lights up,the screen won't,the pc starts like normal. In device manager(I used unified remote to see this),it said radeon 3000 graphics,but my cpu doesn't have integrated graphics,this happens every time I enter a game,and to solve this I have to shut it down and power it on again because restart doesn't solve it.But even after "solving" the problem,My gpu drivers are gone,radeon software says I don't have a driver,does anyone know what is happening?

I have a r7 240 gpu,everything was fine until yesterday,I tried playing some games like I usually do,but the computer went blank,with a sound in the headphones like it was a bsod i couldn't see,the pc restarts,the keyboard lights up,the screen won't,the pc starts like normal. In device manager(I used unified remote to see this),it said radeon 3000 graphics,but my cpu doesn't have integrated graphics,this happens every time I enter a game,and to solve this I have to shut it down and power it on again because restart doesn't solve it.But even after "solving" the problem,My gpu drivers are gone,radeon software says I don't have a driver,does anyone know what is happening?

Had same issue with cracked version of GTA4 on my Laptop during 2016...

And ones I Installed that game.. It damaged the HD7670M drivers (Dell Inspiron 3521).. so Had to scratch remove the drivers and reinstall it... And worked fine again for me...

In your case I think it's some kind of Software failure... i again recommend to clean install the drivers.. or try to usb boot windows and check with Latest drivers..

Mar 28, 2023
Did that,after posting the question I went inside event viewer and it says that radeon software is causing this problem,I reinstalled it with factory reset enabled but after opening a game for just 1 second it happened again
Fun fact:It happens to me just like it did to you in 2016,with another rockstar game:))