Nov 27, 2020
Hey guys,
I’m still really new to PC as a whole and I’m still trying to learn about things.
I bought a new graphics card today second hand and just realised it didn’t come with any cables. The card I grabbed was the RTX 2080 Super MSI gaming x trio. (Currently running a gigabyte rtx 2060 which I believe is overclocked.)
What all cables do I need for installation for this and roughly how much do they usually run? I didn’t realise it wasn’t gonna come with the cables and I spent just about all I had room left to spend on the card itself. He mentioned something about recommending using two pci e cables.
I’m also wondering if my current power supply will be sufficient or if I need to upgrade that as well before throwing this in. I’m not sure on the brand of the power supply but I can check if need be, but I do know it’s rated at 750 watts.
sorry for the stupid questions and thank you in advance to anyone that comments!

Solution
Ahh gotcha, I don’t really know what comes with what yet lol. It looks like it’s the Corsair RM750i

Your PSU is modular meaning that the cables you will need will have already been attached by you or they are where you stored all teh extra stuff the PSU came with. As far as using two separate PCIe cables all they guy was recommending is that you run separate cables from the PSU to each 8 pin connector on the graphics card instead of using one cable that ends with two 8 pin connectors. While the cable is rated to carry the power its still a good idea to use two separate cables instead.
Ahh gotcha, I don’t really know what comes with what yet lol. It looks like it’s the Corsair RM750i

Your PSU is modular meaning that the cables you will need will have already been attached by you or they are where you stored all teh extra stuff the PSU came with. As far as using two separate PCIe cables all they guy was recommending is that you run separate cables from the PSU to each 8 pin connector on the graphics card instead of using one cable that ends with two 8 pin connectors. While the cable is rated to carry the power its still a good idea to use two separate cables instead.

Solution
Nov 27, 2020
Thank you so so much for all the help! It’s greatly appreciated, hope you have a good day!