Aug 4, 2020
Hi All,

Apologies am quite new to all of this so will post what I know and have done and will answer as you guys have questions if that is alright haha :sweatsmile:.

To begin with I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti gpu which has been working flawlessly until this point. I have not tampered with the setting in any way, am more than happy with the quality at standard levels on the card.

About a month ago I Installed Assassins Creed Odyssey onto my computer and with 10mins of game play it started crashing. At this point I read up on forums that it was a known issue and attempted a variety of things, e.g. start up in Admin mode, update drivers and so on... but with no real success, some improvement however the crashes continued. At this point I gave up on the game and went back to other games. I have been playing Rust for the past couple months and all of a sudden it has begun to crash too, no more than 20mins of gameplay and I get a flicker, then a black screen and the GPU fans start going. I have attempted to monitor the temperature but it doesnt seem excessive at all, I would say 65ºC-75ºC. I have updated the Nvidia drivers, clearing all previous versions and am really not sure what could be causing it. When playing other less graphic intensive games such as Dota2, no issues, not 1 crash. So it seems the moment the games are more intense, there is an issue.

Like I said, im not super computer savvy, apologies for the lack of info. Please any assistance or possible fix would be amazing. Thank you all.

Aug 4, 2020
Hi Thoulos.

Since your temperatures are fine I'd say it's the Power Supply. PSU degrade overtime and yours could have started not being able to give enough power to your GPU while playing intensive games.

What is your PSU?

Hi Nemesia, Thank you so much for the speedy reply :).

I have a TP-775AH3CC THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER XT 775W POWER SUPPLY. I understand that the PSU degrades over time but surely it seems strange to me that it would be this as it all began with the new game I installed. Games that the computer was running with no problem before are now also affected.