Graphics wars: The big summer battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narg

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
ATI was into the folding scene way way before nVidia was dragged into it. And, nVidia is not doing to well. Buggy drivers, buggy software, installation pains. ATI, like most things, is just doing it better than nVidia.

supadupanerd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2002
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]ATi doing better lmao.[/citation]

Is that really so hard to believe? They release driver updates more frequently than nvidia, and right now they have some of the best price/performance parts on the market. If i had only waited instead of jumping the gun and buying a 8800GT just 3 or so months ago i would have a 4870 humming in my box instead upgrading from my 7800GT.

G

ATI is doing much better, as a geforce 9600gt owner and now an ATI v3700 workstation owner. I must admit ATI does drivers and overall hardware better, Nvidia related problems exist it takes some not half as dedicated to a monopoly to figure it out. There was a time I liked ATI over Nvidia, but then I found that my x1600 pro killed itself. That was the last straw for me with ATI, I went over to Nvidia my first card was horrible a 7600gs that thing should have been barred from the sales line. My next card was an 8600gt, pretty good for age group but lacked the performance overtime. After upgrading to 9600gt seeing how the 8800 gts and gts line were shit (personal opinion) I would say 9600gt was the best thing that happened to me. Eventually getting tired I now own a ATI v3700 and while it is a workstation card it is the lowest denominator on ATI's list of workstation cards, it is entry level card and it beats the shit out of my 9600gt. If it had better cooling I bet it could perform even better but I guess not allot of people mod workstation cards lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.