Question Green LED on Mobo, no boot, power flickering

Daft Crunk

Prominent
Jun 19, 2021
Hi there! So, this is a weird and long story. I had to take out all of my pc parts and put them all back into my computer. First I was going to put them into a new case, but the new case got here, and was very not in good shape… thanks, Amazon. Anyways, I figured removing the parts beforehand would be easiest to start building since I didn’t have much time. Unfortunately, when I realized I needed to yet again order a new case, I decided to put my stuff back into my computer. Everything is put back where it was. Cables plugged in right. I’ve checked guides, manuals, everything. It’s all where it should be, and I’ve been using this pc for years before taking all this out. Suddenly, my pc power just flickers. Everything plugged in, such as my mouse and keyboard, flickers too. But no fans spin. All LEDs will flicker for a second, and the RGB on my motherboard is fully functioning. The green LED that states there’s power coming to the board is constantly on, I have an ASUS Prime Z390-A board, LGA 1151. At first I thought it could be cooling so I applied new thermal paste to my cooler, didn’t do anything. Then I tried reseating ram, booting with one, booting with none, and messing with my SSDs and HDDs. Nothing works, still the same thing. Power button will just flicker for a second, and it won’t do it again unless I unplug the power cable of my psu and plug it back in, then I can press the power button once more and it flickers again. I’ve seen some people say to just leave it for a day or so and it may just suddenly start working, but I’m not sure. I’m out of options here. I’ve tweaked with the GPU, took it out, put it in, tried onboard, tried this, tried that. Nothing seems to be working despite the board claiming it received power. This is a huge shot in the dark but I’m so lost here, there’s no chance any of this stuff is broken as I was JUST using it not even a day ago… Thanks in advance.

specs:
NZXT H510i
ASUS Prime Z390a Motherboard
Intel i7-9700k Processor
Gigabyte RTX 3060ti GPU
EVGA 650watt PSU (Non modular)
G.Skill TridentZ 3000mhz DDR4 RAM (8x2)
Scythe Mugen Rev B CPU Cooler

Daft Crunk

Prominent
Jun 19, 2021
I have, unfortunately. The LED my motherboard has the light on is right next to a power switch basically saying that it’s receiving power. The other 4 feedback LEDs do not light up at all.

Daft Crunk

Prominent
Jun 19, 2021
Ended up finding out that it’s my NZXT smart device or whatever in the back of the case. Unplugged something and everything is okay now, however now my DRAM led is Orange. At least I fixed the main issue. Thanks for the help, regardless!

Thats why the boot light was On, it was trying to boot from whatever device you had plugged.

The memory light On could indicate that 1 of the sticks is malfuntioning, or perhaps not well sitted on the slot, or not making contact for whatever reason. Or maybe that the stick are not installed in the proper slots.

RAM should be installed on the second and fourth slot counting form the CPU to the right:

CPU -> no stick / stick / no stick / sitck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts