Group membership rights

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,uk.comp.misc (More info?)

User A is defined on a domain as being a member of group 1.
To install/modify item X, user A needs to be made a member of group 2.
User A is not a member of group 2 but would be added in to this group
in order to make the relevant change.

Ordinarily, you would make the relevant changes to user A's account on
the domain and get them to log-off/log-on to pick up that change.

What I want to know is, is it possible to force the user to immediately
pick up the change in group membership without having them
log-off/log-on.

Cheers.

Rev9of8 wrote:
> User A is defined on a domain as being a member of group 1.
> To install/modify item X, user A needs to be made a member of group 2.
> User A is not a member of group 2 but would be added in to this group
> in order to make the relevant change.
>
> Ordinarily, you would make the relevant changes to user A's account on
> the domain and get them to log-off/log-on to pick up that change.
>
> What I want to know is, is it possible to force the user to immediately
> pick up the change in group membership without having them
> log-off/log-on.

Try having the user type gpupdate in the Start, Run box or at the
command line.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows