Question GT 1030 compatible with g31mxp mobo ?

Saber_1

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
I read here and there , that the GT 1030 needs a UEFI bios motherboard , my g31mxp has a legacy bios , and I instaleld the latest update which was released in 2011 , so here the thing , I read somewhere else as well that any board comes with a PCIe X16 will work just fine . so If I bought it will be any problems due to the motherboard ?

It needs a UEFI BIOS. There might be a few boards that were hybrid UEFI/Legacy BIOS that it works on and POSSIBLY a few legacy only boards with recent enough BIOS updates to allow support, but a board as old as that one is not going to be among them. I'd stick to legacy cards like the GTX 700 and 900 series or AMD R7/R9 series cards.

Saber_1

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
It needs a UEFI BIOS. There might be a few boards that were hybrid UEFI/Legacy BIOS that it works on and POSSIBLY a few legacy only boards with recent enough BIOS updates to allow support, but a board as old as that one is not going to be among them. I'd stick to legacy cards like the GTX 700 and 900 series or AMD R7/R9 series cards.
But I read that the GT 1030 and all cards doesn't come in UEFI mode only , there's both UEFI and Legacy bios support .

I've heard that they work as well, but I've also seen a number of users on here that have been unable to get them to work with older legacy BIOS motherboards, so, it's up to you. You can try it, but don't be surprised if you find it won't work and have to return the card. Going with a legacy card simply ensures that you won't have that problem. We know that a 700 series card will work in that board, so it's a safer bet, but obviously it's up to you.