GT 640 OC Version Guru 2 Questions

GiveMeI7plz

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I have a GT 640 OC version graphics card installed in my computer with Gigabyte OC Guru 2. What should I change my values to? I don't have any special type of water cooling, the base is 1045 gHz and it can get a 1046 extra added onto the gHz. Memory clock gHz is 920 and can get 180+ added onto it at max. Should i put everything at max since I really need good performance since I've been getting very frequent FPS drops on my main game.

Solution
No you should not just set it at max. That won't work and may damage it. You slowly raise it 20 at a time and test it, check temps, then repeat. When it's no longer stable or too hot you back it off.

You are getting frame drops because the gt640 is a very low end card not really meant for gaming. Overclocking it is not going to help much maybe get you an extra 2 or 3 FPS
No you should not just set it at max. That won't work and may damage it. You slowly raise it 20 at a time and test it, check temps, then repeat. When it's no longer stable or too hot you back it off.

You are getting frame drops because the gt640 is a very low end card not really meant for gaming. Overclocking it is not going to help much maybe get you an extra 2 or 3 FPS

Solution