GT650M is dissapointing me

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

braincruser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I prefer MSI for overclocking.

You are expecting too much.
For starters, you tested it on the heaviest game that came out this year, i played it at 20 FPS mostly. My desktop wont even start it.

You played it on medium-high with full HD resolution AND recorded a video of it. What more do you want?

Mzmkont

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Nope. It wasnt me. There was a guy. THat made series about HIM playing games. I have a diffrend laptop. Mine is HP DV6. And his Asus N56 if im right. Laptops are the same but he has DDR5 or 3 i dont really know. And I have GDDR5. So yeah. I want to overlock it. Not too much. But a little bit.

Mzmkont

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Yes. I know that. My laptop overheats becouse my vents arent clean. I need to clean them. Im just intrested how much should id OC it of im going to OC it.

Mzmkont

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Okay.
Intel Core I7 3610QM
Nvidia GeForce GT650M 2GB GDDR5
Intel HD 4000
750GB 7200RPM
I think thats all.
About temps. Im not going to OC it now. Becouse my vents are pretty dusty.
While gaming
GPU: 80C
i7: 90C
I know these temps are pretty high. But there were no shut downs.
Im gonna clean my vents.
So yeah. What do you think?

Mzmkont

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
I said that these temps are a high becouse my vents are pretty dusty. Im asking here to get some numbers to overlock it after I clean my vents

kawin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Many people have answered this question many times already even though it wasn't exactly the answer you're hoping for. You have mentioned these "dusty" vents several times already. Do me a favor. Clean them and report back the temp, I would really like to know how low your temp drops... :sarcastic:

Mzmkont

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Okay. I have a question. I have this noise. Near my touschpad. If i put my ear near it i can hear this ,,brrrrrr'' noise. Its near my vents.
What could this be?

Status
Not open for further replies.