GT650M is dissapointing me

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzmkont

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Amm. That makes sence. But if i turn my coolerpad off temps are about 90. So yeah. I think I wouldnt OC my system. And how do people get 75 max in OC GPU laptops. I dont get it

Mahisse

Distinguished
Since it's a HP laptop you have I would really recommend that you clean out the dust in you fan every month.
The only way you can do this the right way is to take the laptop apart and open the fan case to get all the dst out that is stuck inside.
This will probably mean that you will have to take off the heatsink as well so you want to research a little before you start disassmeble the whole thing. You will have to remount the heatsink with some fresh thermal paste.

I just read through this whole thread and can't believe the number of times that the OP asked if he should overclock his laptop. The one thing that wasn't mentioned is how little performance increase would be gained by OCing the GPU. Because it's a laotop and has a restricted air flow the temps will prohibit the GPU from being overclocked to any meaningful level. The FPS increase would be minimal and not noticable.
Cleaning out the vents and using a laptop cooler will only bring down the already high temps that a laptop has.

If the OP wants to select a Best Answer he can PM me and I will reopen this thread , but for now it's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.