GT650M is dissapointing me

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hwmonitor/gpuz etc will report wrong temps and voltages in laptop, my a10-4600m with built in 7660g says it runs at like 120c under full load according to gpuz, im on it right now at it says is at 92c lol

its wrong, 120c would be like 250f, it would be melting if it was that high.

and your overclock might net you 10% at best but at 30fps your only gonna get a merely 3 fps. 30 vs 33 fps, nobody is going to notice that and the extra heat and possible voided warranty is just not worth it.

my 7660g is stock at 650mhz and i had it pegged at 1300mhz once just to see if it would run a benchmark, but i only got like 15% more performance and a whole lot of fan noise and heat, so i just put it back to stock because it didn't make any difference in say, bf3 or skyrim. i could also force the cpu turbo mode if i wanted but i like battery life better so i undervolted my cpu a little and got some cheap low voltage low latency ram and threw in an extra 120gb ssd and i get like 7 hours battery life on my hp m6, same laptop as your dv6 just slightly slimmer.

Mzmkont

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
So yeah guys. My question now is. Should I OC my GPU to 970 MHz core / 1425 MHz?

P.S. How do I know If my laptop can run 1600Mhz RAM?

16gb jebus praise him, lol, dont know how or why you got so much. i was going to say go with the same adata 1.35v cas9 1600 i got for mine for $30 but thats only 8gb. faster ram on my trinity apu makes quite a difference, on your intel based system its not going to make much of a difference. i would say just stick with what you got, for the money its just not worth it and you will hardly notice the difference moving to cas9 1600/cas10 1866

Mzmkont

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
I dont want to OC my CPU. Just GPU. You dont undestand me. I just want to OC my GPU, not CPU. And I want to OC it to 970 MHz core / 1425 MHz mem. Should I ?

Status
Not open for further replies.