GTS=bad in Q3A?

G

I've been using my geforce 2 gts in q3a and I've noticed a nasty effect when it comes to rendering the transparencies associated with water and light fixtures. It seems that when it comes time for the card to render some nice transparencies, the rendering is "splotched" and looks horrid--gigantic squares--a pixelization from hell in what would seem to be like 16 colors. Can anyone help me get rid of this ugly crud my card's pumping out? All other textures come out just beatiful...

The card is running at the default core and memory clocks, and my processor is a p2 400 =). I run q3a in 1024x768 with the highest quality settings, and gl extensions on. BTW, what do GL extensions do? :)

G

Try updating your drivers, and reinstal Quake 3, GL stands for Open GL which is a type of 3d rendering.

-Mark

Raistlin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
try newest video card drivers from manufacturer or from www.nvidia.com and also update quake 3 i think they are up to like 1.20 something

G

thanks all--I think it still might be some maps that I use (wfa maps). Thanks for all the input though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts