Question GTX 1050 Detected but not working...

Jul 20, 2019
Hi all, I bought an MSI GF62 about two months ago. That was my first mistake lol.

I never had any major problem with the new laptop up untill yesterday, I noticed it was very lagging and not performing, It ended up being that my GPU was not working at all, Output ranging from 0%-1%. Im really peed off i cant seem to find out what wrong. Any advice? Also checked in task manager, its confirmed gpu is not working or taking load. Heelp me pwease lol

Thanks

Have you properly installed the GPU drivers ? Which OS are you using ? What does it say under the DEVICE MANAGER settings, Display adapters ? Is the GPU model listed there ?

Try to download/install the OEM VGA drivers from MSI's website. In case of a performance issue with any laptop, it is advisable to download and try to OEM VGA, chipset and other system drivers, including updating the BIOS.

Are you using a FRESH/clean installed copy of the operating system/OS as well ?

Jul 20, 2019
Have you properly installed the GPU drivers ? Which OS are you using ? What does it say under the DEVICE MANAGER settings, Display adapters ? Is the GPU model listed there ?

Try to download/install the OEM VGA drivers from MSI's website. In case of a performance issue with any laptop, it is advisable to download and try to OEM VGA, chipset and other system drivers, including updating the BIOS.

Are you using a FRESH/clean installed copy of the operating system/OS as well ?

All latest drivers are intsalld, Im using windows 10. Yes the GPU is listed & recogonized in device manager.

I will have to lear abit more about OEM VGA's, chipset etc to have an understanding berfore i touch any setting etc. It would be like finding an neelde in a haystack persoanlly

Yes os is clean and legit.

If the GPU is listed and displayed under the Device Manager settings, then it should work. Is the Laptop overheating, or the GPU throttling back because of high temps ?

OEM means the original equipment manufacturer, which is MSI in your case. You just need to go your Laptop Model's website, and download/install the drivers listed under the "downloads" section. This is the same as you would normally install drivers, without going to the OEM's website.

Just make the sure the Laptop is using the video card, and not the INTEL chipset integrated graphics.

Jul 20, 2019
The GPU is not overheating on normal usage, But i havent really used my Laptop as normal since origninal issue, But i did get an notification for CPU Hitting 90' . This was after bench mark test, so i just assumed it was due to the test i ran. I Have GPU working now, I had to manualy add each program manual i wanted GPU to use via control center. Still dont think my PC is running in proper order. My CPU IS running at max Clock most of the time, Due to i assume no GPU usage or not being able to use GPU, Apart from when using a program i manualluy added. Yes i have change from integrated to Nvidia card only. Still not using Gpu as normal.