GTX 1050 TI low FPS in every game and computer shutting down during some games

Sep 15, 2018
No matter what settings I have on counter strike I always have really low FPS like around 20. I can’t even play some games because when I start them up my computer will shut down and I have to unplug it for it to start again. It’s been like this since I got the graphics card, before I replaced the graphics card everything was fine.

My specs:

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4GB GDDR5

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8100 Eight-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX

Installed RAM 8GB

PSU: ATX-TL 500w-BK 12V

Solution
In all honesty even if the PSU isin't the thing causing your issues you should replace that thing anyway. Generally the PSUs that are unbranded/generic and ones that nobody has heard of are system killers and can probably cause a house fire if not careful. If they pop they are probably likely to take other hardware with them. I dunno if your PC is a pre-built or whether you built it yourself, either way. For the future, when building a system, never skimp out on a PSU.

matthew4mckeever

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
In all honesty even if the PSU isin't the thing causing your issues you should replace that thing anyway. Generally the PSUs that are unbranded/generic and ones that nobody has heard of are system killers and can probably cause a house fire if not careful. If they pop they are probably likely to take other hardware with them. I dunno if your PC is a pre-built or whether you built it yourself, either way. For the future, when building a system, never skimp out on a PSU.

Solution