[SOLVED] GTX 1050 Ti replacement?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Has anybody read/heard about Nvidia's 12nm Turin replacement for the 1050 Ti? I'm anxious to see what Nvidia is able to do with 75W. I would assume it won't have RT, and would be called GTX 1150 Ti...

Solution
Rumors are stating performance of the 1150 ti should be fairly close to the 1060 but they don't state if it's the 3gb or 6gb version. I've also heard of a RTX 2050 for laptops...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Wow. If they can get near GTX 1060 performance with no 6-pin, that would be amazing.

But Ray Tracing on a laptop with a 1060 equivalent? It would have to be at pretty low rez to get playable frame rates. HardOCP just did a BFV review using a $1400 GTX 2080 Ti. They had to drop to 1080p to maintain playable frame rates. I don't know if that was due to the game's poor optimization or the gfx card. But it sounds like RT is not quite ready for prime time on today's cards. Yet.

WildCard999

Titan
Well the odd thing is that they said it was a RTX 2050, not even a ti so I would think if you were to use Ray Tracing your using some really low graphics just to keep the game playable which seems pretty pointless to me. I'd rather dump RT, keep the game on higher settings and enjoy my 60+ FPS.

TRENDING THREADS