[SOLVED] GTX 1050 TI support on GA-P67A-UD3 motherboard due to BIOS conflict?

Dec 5, 2019
stick with 1 thread
Good morning to those of the forum, I ask for your help on the following topic:
I want to change my current GPU which is Radeon HD 4550 1GB for a GTX 1050TI 4GB GPU (model 04G-P4-6251-KR).
My doubt is that it is an old team of approximately 8 to 9 years. It would be compatible with the new GPU, since my motherboard uses LEGACY BIOS and I understand that the 4GB GTX 1050TI GPU uses UEFI BIOS.
I asked Gigabyte and they answered that for the motherboard model I should admit it, since that model supports 2TB HDD and that means it has support for UEFI BIOS even though it seems to be LEGACY BIOS. (I really don't understand, but that was his answer), I tell you that I have the latest BIOS version of the board that is F9.
I asked EVGA and they replied that the 4GB GTX 1050TI GPU (model 04G-P4-6251-KR) is not compatible with LEGACY BIOS, but I doubt that gigabyte says yes.
The configuration of my computer is as follows:
Motherboard: gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 I leave the link https://www.gigabyte.com/mx/Motherboard/GA-P67A-UD3-rev-10#ov
Processor: core generation 2 I5 (I don't remember the model)
Power supply: CORSAIR VS 550WATTS 80 PLUS (model CP-9020171-NA)
Ram: CORSAIR DDR3 8GB 1600MHZ VENGEANCE Z8GX3M1A1600C10 (only 1 unit)

Thank you for your prompt response, thank you very much very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Gigabyte’s 6-series motherboards use an old-school Award BIOS. However, they incorporate an EFI bootloader to enable hard drives larger than 2.2T and UEFI device drivers using OS versions of Windows 7X64 and higher.

So yes though the OS "X64 only" you will have support for a 9XX series and above Nvidia GPU.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Gigabyte’s 6-series motherboards use an old-school Award BIOS. However, they incorporate an EFI bootloader to enable hard drives larger than 2.2T and UEFI device drivers using OS versions of Windows 7X64 and higher.

So yes though the OS "X64 only" you will have support for a 9XX series and above Nvidia GPU.

Solution
Dec 5, 2019
I want to change my current GPU, which is Radeon HD 4550 1GB for an ASUS PHOENIX GTX1650 4GB GDDR5 GPU (model PH-GTX1650-O4G). My # 1 question is that it is an old team of approximately 8 to 9 years old. It would be compatible with the new GPU, since my motherboard uses LEGACY BIOS and I understand that the 4GB ASUS PHOENIX GTX1650 4GB GDDR5 GPU uses UEFI BIOS. My question # 2 is that the GPU needs a PCI-E x16 3.0 port and my motherboard only has PCI-E x16 2.0, I don't know if it supports it. And if there is enough space for installation. I asked Gigabyte and he replied that for the motherboard model I should admit it, since that model supports 2TB HDD and that means it has support for UEFI BIOS, although it seems to be LEGACY BIOS. (I really don't understand, but that was his answer), I tell him that I have the latest BIOS version of the board that is F9. The configuration of my computer is as follows: Motherboard: gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 I leave the link https://www.gigabyte.com/mx/Motherboard/GA-P67A-UD3-rev-10#ov Processor: 2 I5 core generation (without remembering the model) Power supply: CORSAIR VS 550WATTS 80 PLUS (model CP-9020171-NA) Ram: CORSAIR DDR3 8GB 1600MHZ VENGEANCE Z8GX3M1A1600C10 (only 1 unit) Thank you for your prompt response, thank you very much