GTX 1070 Low FPS on Battlefield 1

Dariuselul

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
Hi. So i mounted my new GTX 1070, 620W Seasonic S12II Power Supply, and a new 1080p monitor, i tried out some games. First, overwatch, running nicely, 150 frames average from what i could see. Then i tried Battlefield 1, and it is really choppy. I m usually in the 80-70 s in open, average spaces and it dips down to the 60s when suddenly looking in a direction etc.
I have to mention that, while playing, the gpu usage was usually 80% and CPU Usage was 70-75%. Any tips/fixes/suggestions are appreciated.

My specs are - GTX 1070 ( ASUS DUAL NON-OC)
I7 4790 3.6Ghz
8GB RAM - 1 STICK
ASUS H81M-K Motherboard

Dariuselul

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016

Well, i played empire s edge/Scar/Monte Grappa and the fps is really unstable and not what it should be.
Every benchmark i ve seen with the 1070 goes well above 100fps and uses at least 95% of the gpu.
The fps was more stable with my 750 ti ffs...

I use a Quadro K620 (GTX 745 rebadge) and get a steady 45 FPS on those maps. EXCEPT when I'm in the bunkers using an Automatico Trench against a couple of shotties, Hellrigels, and happy suppressive campers. Or I'm above ground, trying to kill 8 people with either an SMLE or G95 while dodging bombs and bullets fired from the enemy planes, not the enemy infantries.

And from what I see online, the benchmark is St. Quentin Scar without most of the planes and stuff, but a lot of fire. Not exactly the most intensive thing in Battlefield.

Dariuselul

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016

Might be, but the first minutes i played i had like 6900 Ram being used, and 80% GPU Usage is not normal
I also tried squad - 45 fps average, 40-50 % GPU USAGE, 33-40 % CPU USAGE. That is definitely not normal.
Compare my numbers to these ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcXoxiJadlM&t=159s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwBuvVfLUX8&t=321s

Dariuselul

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
Update - I opened the case to check for any problems, and i noticed that the loud noise was not coming from my psu.Instead, one of my gpu fans was being stuck by a cable inside.That was causing it to have one fan spinning and the other one not, while the gpu app showed that the fans were off. No damage to the fan, since it has been a short time and i would restart the pc when i heard the loud noise. Both of the fans are now spinning nicely.
And now, my gpu does get used 99% most of the time but i am still not getting the best fps because of my ram i think.
Thanks for the help.