[SOLVED] GTX 1070 Ti not detected in BIOS or Device Manager

WildTurtleBot

Prominent
Oct 22, 2021
My GPU lights up when I plug in the PCIe cables but the motherboard does not detect it in BIOS. I’m currently running on integrated graphics.

I was wondering if someone can help me by suggesting solutions that I can try. I would like to try various options before being forced to buy a new GPU during the chip shortage.

Steps I have taken so far:
  • Updated Windows 10 Version 21H1
  • Updated BIOS
  • Reset CMOS
  • Moved the GPU to another PCIe slot on the motherboard
  • Downloaded Nvidia Geforce Experience, but it says “requires an NVIDIA GPU”
  • It has been over 3 years since I purchased the GPU so RMA is not an option
  • I took it to Best Buy and they recommended that I buy a new GPU

GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 TI 8GB GDDR5
CPU: INTEL CORE I7-8700K 3.70GHZ
Motherboard: Z370-A PRO
PSU: EVGA 600 WATT 80 PLUS

Solution
D
Yup, it suddenly stopped working one day. I never heard about the oven method before. I'm nervous to try that option.

Seems like you have already tried most other trouble shooting steps. If its a Vram or Solder issue your only way to get it to work is the oven method. You really have zero to loose it already doesn't work.
D

Deleted member 362816

Did it just one day stop working and do this if so its most likely needs to be poped into a toaster.

D

Deleted member 362816

Yup, it suddenly stopped working one day. I never heard about the oven method before. I'm nervous to try that option.

Seems like you have already tried most other trouble shooting steps. If its a Vram or Solder issue your only way to get it to work is the oven method. You really have zero to loose it already doesn't work.

Solution