[SOLVED] GTX 1650 on Windows 8.1?

Feb 1, 2022
Hi, I have a question did anyone use the GTX 1650 on Windows 8.1? What is your experience and how did it work? I know that the Geforce game ready driver 430.39 is unofficially compatible, but is a newer version usable? Yes, I am going to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1.
Thanks for the anwers

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In all fairness if were talking about Windows 10 after it's launch, I'd have said that the OS was flawed in more ways than one. We're already on it's 6th year of the OSes tenure and it's matured a long way since it's release to the point where it's moot being on an OS prior to 10. Sadly the GPU you have does not have official support for Windows 8.1 but you could try and work with compatibility mode though you will need to download the drivers for Windows 7 and then run compatibility mode with Windows 7(from drop down menu).

If you will, there's no point working backwards.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In all fairness if were talking about Windows 10 after it's launch, I'd have said that the OS was flawed in more ways than one. We're already on it's 6th year of the OSes tenure and it's matured a long way since it's release to the point where it's moot being on an OS prior to 10. Sadly the GPU you have does not have official support for Windows 8.1 but you could try and work with compatibility mode though you will need to download the drivers for Windows 7 and then run compatibility mode with Windows 7(from drop down menu).

If you will, there's no point working backwards.

Solution
I've had alright luck with some systems I've worked on using the windows 10 driver on win 8.1, If the win 7 driver don't work, can try it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up with it working 100% in 8.1.

Might be time to consider moving to windows 10, I was one of them users that liked windows 8.1 over win 10, but with all the new hardware and even some games, wasn't worth staying on it.

Feb 1, 2022
I've had alright luck with some systems I've worked on using the windows 10 driver on win 8.1, If the win 7 driver don't work, can try it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up with it working 100% in 8.1.

Might be time to consider moving to windows 10, I was one of them users that liked windows 8.1 over win 10, but with all the new hardware and even some games, wasn't worth staying on it.
Hello, thank's for you reply. How can i install Windows 10 driver to Windows 8.1?