friggit

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Hello guys, i am having a problem with my GTX 480s. (or it could be something else.) I'll try to provide as much information as possible. Let me start off with the specs.

Core i7 2700k@stock
Corsair Vengenance DDR3 1600
Corsair HX 1000 PSU
2x120gb SSD
2x640gb HDD
Evga z68 ftw motherboard

It all started one afternoon, i decided to play metro 2033. I was about 10 mins into the game and my PC does a "BRRRR" and my display turns off. PC still seems to be turned on. The noise was from the speakers just to clear things up. Anyway, i hard reset my PC and get back into windows. I try to run the game, all i do is double click the icon. The second the game goes into fullscreen mode, the display shuts off and i'm forced to hard reset again. Pretty every single one of my games crashes upon double clicking the ICON. I've tried multiple solutions. Oh and by the way, i don't get crashes on any of the cards when i run them individually, or with SLI disabled. Basically i only crash when i enable SLI.

Reinstalled Windows
Reseated Video Cards
Reinstalled Drivers
Swapped out SLI bridge
Underclocked Video Cards
Tried a different RAM

I don't know what to try now, a second ago i swapped the two video cards around and i launched SKYRIM and was able to play for a good hour in SLI. Thought i had it resolved, and it crashed again. Any ideas?

chase3567

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

Have you monitored the heat of the graphic cards during gameplay?

friggit

Distinguished
May 16, 2011

Yeah, i forgot to mention that. But it can't be an overheating issue, as i crash when i run games. Not play them. I replaced the thermal paste last night, the old stuff was rock hard. Idles around 45c now, heaven benchmark 95c.