[SOLVED] gtx 480 value?

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys,

i am trying to put the cost down for a gtx 1050 ti gpu so i am going to try sell both my evga gtx 480.

does anyone have an idea how much for these 2 gpu please?

many thanks

Solution
Not much. They use too much power for the performance they deliver and are no longer in driver support. They're also so old at this point, that who knows how much longer they will continue to run? I don't know of anyone anymore for whom these would be an upgrade from what they already have,

animekenji

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Not much. They use too much power for the performance they deliver and are no longer in driver support. They're also so old at this point, that who knows how much longer they will continue to run? I don't know of anyone anymore for whom these would be an upgrade from what they already have,

Last edited:
Reactions: froggy8
Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
16-50 pounds in the UK on ebay. Not really worth the shipping, but if someone were really desperate and happened to have a large power supply and decent case airflow, maybe.

GTX480 ~= GTX 750 Ti.

I sold my GTX580s for $60 several years ago. Powerful in their day, but yes, they use way too much power.

Reactions: froggy8

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
$50 for the pair
16-50 pounds in the UK on ebay. Not really worth the shipping, but if someone were really desperate and happened to have a large power supply and decent case airflow, maybe.

GTX480 ~= GTX 750 Ti.

I sold my GTX580s for $60 several years ago. Powerful in their day, but yes, they use way too much power.
thank you very much guys

looks quite pointless selling them.

i will just put them to one side for now.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Always good to have spare parts around. You never know when you need a GPU to troubleshoot.

Still have a PCI video card, AGP video card, and a few PCIe video cards laying around.
yes that is true, problem is i have only just got serious about building computer, before i was into softwares and doing bit on studying for IT engineering so i dont have any spares as such.