[SOLVED] GTX 750 Ti Dual Fan OC without using the 6 pin connector for normal use

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
I am currently looking for a GTX 750 Ti Dual Fan version but all of them are OC version and has 6 pin ports. Can I use the graphics card in normal use without plugging the 6 pin connector? I'll never overclock the thing.

Last edited:
Solution
You initially stated you weren't going to overclock it in the first post.

Since it's a even trade could you get a decent PSU with a 6-pin connection? I'm highly against PSU adapters and while it may work on a low power GPU it's still something I wouldn't recommend as I've seen a few threads over the years about adapters melting during high load. Even a Corsair CX 450 grey label would work well and is pretty inexpensive depending on where your live.

RealBeast

Titan
I am currently looking for a GTX 750 Ti Dual Fan version but all of them are OC version and has 6 pin ports. Can I use the graphics card in normal use without plugging the 6 pin connector? I'll never overclock the thing.
I think that the simple and safest answer is that if it has a power port -- use it, although it's your card so if you want to try it that would be up to you.

Reactions: testsubject2575

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
I think that the simple and best answer is that if it has a power port -- use it.
I'm sure that I will need a new PSU for that, I have an OEM PSU that doesn't have a 6 pin connector. I only need a graphics card not "a graphics card and a power supply with 6 pin connector".

I already have a single fan 750 Ti, but this thing is loud. Hoping for Dual Fan to do the same job without creating such noise.

RealBeast

Titan
I'm sure that I will need a new PSU for that, I have an OEM PSU that doesn't have a 6 pin connector. I only need a graphics card not "a graphics card and a power supply with 6 pin connector".

I already have a single fan 750 Ti, but this thing is loud. Hoping for Dual Fan to do the same job without creating such noise.
Does your PSU have any unused Molex connectors? Since you are not going to overclock it, I would consider something that I usually don't -- using an adapter Molex to 6 pin. And what is the wattage on your PSU?

WildCard999

Titan

Since it's a even trade could you get a decent PSU with a 6-pin connection? I'm highly against PSU adapters and while it may work on a low power GPU it's still something I wouldn't recommend as I've seen a few threads over the years about adapters melting during high load. Even a Corsair CX 450 grey label would work well and is pretty inexpensive depending on where your live.

Solution

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019

Yeah I mistaken that, my PC is freaking out rn.

Well I am going to get a CX 450 for 20 bucks which is a good deal, but I need to add more RAM and HDD first.

I guess I'll just buy the PSU first.