[SOLVED] GTX 760 artifacting and displays go black with non intensive tasks

joshcarterofficial

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone

I've got a Gtx 760 4gb which i have owned for a few months now. recently it has started to act strange. Whenever i am doing non intensive tasks like browsing web pages through chrome or searching though files on file browser the image that displays sticks, the display/s goes black and then comes back on to where you tried to move it before it sticks. However sometimes it can do this differently, for example when watching a YouTube video not in full screen black and green square artefacts appear around the video. However when watching videos in full screen and playing games don't seem to stick, freeze or have any artefacts at all. I have disabled hardware acceleration in chrome it makes it a little better but chrome becomes very laggy and the black screen still appears when browsing. I have also changed the setting in the nvidia control panel from quality to performance but the problems still occur.
Does anyone know what could be causing this, it would be much appreciated.

Solution
So after comparing my nvidia control panel settings with a friend with a gtx 1060, i found out a lot of my settings had been changed without me knowing about it at all. I set all of these settings to the exact same settings that my friend had and also changed chromes settings on nvidia control panel as some of those settings had also been changed. This has seemed to have solved the issue now. Hopes this helps others out there.

joshcarterofficial

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
So after comparing my nvidia control panel settings with a friend with a gtx 1060, i found out a lot of my settings had been changed without me knowing about it at all. I set all of these settings to the exact same settings that my friend had and also changed chromes settings on nvidia control panel as some of those settings had also been changed. This has seemed to have solved the issue now. Hopes this helps others out there.

Solution