Jul 18, 2018
My friend gave me a GTX 960, when I put it in my pc though, there was a lot of graphical glitches. I asked him about it and he said that he forgot to put in support for the card so now one or more of the VRAM chips have been dislodged. I think this is the problem because when I'm playing a game it will crash after a few minutes. (because if it thinks there are 2gb but in reality there is 1gb, then it fills up the 1gb chip and then, no more space, so the game crashes. I don't know how to fix this. My friend recommended resoldering the chip back but I have absolutely no idea how.

Jul 18, 2018
By the way, I figured out a way to temporarily fix the screen glitches. I reinstall the Nvidia diver using device manager, restart and it works like normal.. ish. It seems way slower than normal and it freezes up a lot. When it freezes after a few minutes it gives me the “your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”. It then will restart without green pixels. It will only revert back to green pixels when I force reset the PC (holding down the power button). Does this help?