Dec 5, 2022
I have an GTX 970 OC TwinTurbo from Gigabyte, it's loud and have high temps (80°C in full load).

i cleaned it, put it back together but it's same, just temps go at 80 °C slower, can i mount an axial fan on heatsink or put another heatsink from another GPU on it?

thinking to buy a broken mini version of a gpu and use that cooler... or just get rid of fan with the plastic case, leave the heatsink on it, screw an CPU fan on heatsink (that have 4 pin) and that's it...

can't find any aftermarket cheap air cooler for it, the expensive ones make no sense for me, better buy another GPU for that money...

thanks for responses and for your time!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Heatsinks for a GPU have fans designed for the fins on said GPU. If you're looking at a changing the cooling on the GPU, best look at an aftermarket cooler made for the GPU back in it's heyday, like that from Arctic Cooling(Acellero Twin Turbo II), Raijintek or Thermalright. You could also look into the NZXT G12 bracket provided you have an AIO at hand.

the expensive ones make no sense for me, better buy another GPU for that money
The card you own was actually priced to be a bottom of the barrel style option for people on a budget(funny saying that for a 970 chipped GPU), which is why the cooler bundled to the GPU is a squirrel cage fan. Models with better cooling were priced higher. Perhaps you need to look at your case and it's airflow to (bring in fresh, cooler, ambient air)alleviate the issue on the GPU.

Dec 5, 2022
Perhaps you need to look at your case and it's airflow to (bring in fresh, cooler, ambient air)alleviate the issue on the GPU.

Side pannel is off and the case is under desk, shortly the fresh air isn't a problem.

Tommorow i'll just throw an CPU fan on heatsink and test to see any improve on temperature.
Dissapointing not to find a cheap heatsink to throw on it and slam a fan, can't find any mini version of it as mine is a short PCB...

Lutfij

Titan
Another instance of pointing a finger at an issue that's manufactured. The case is your problem, here, not the GPU(or it's cooler). The case lacks any proper intake, apart from the exhaust fans. I used plural to fan since there's a fan in the PSU but in reality, the case is your primary concern. Replace it with something that breaths, has proper intake and exhaust options whereby you can add fans to the front, top and rear. Montech Air 100 is one option. I mentioned that case since the board in your existing case is an matx board.

Again, if you're invested into this platform, a case would do you good(plus some fans for intake/exhaust) otherwise, I'd ask you to stop taxing your components until they die of thermal damage(over a long period of time, regardless of thermal throttling), save the money and invest into a new platform.

Dec 5, 2022
i'll try to mount a fan to blow air directly to GPU (GPU is like this* - and the fan would be line this | , so it will be like - | * ) if i see any improvments i'll consider changing the case, do you think it will be a good example of airflow? (i'll consider to somehow turn the fan to throw ouside fresh air to GPU).

i'll try to mount a fan to blow air directly to GPU (GPU is like this* - and the fan would be line this | , so it will be like - | * ) if i see any improvments i'll consider changing the case, do you think it will be a good example of airflow? (i'll consider to somehow turn the fan to throw ouside fresh air to GPU).
It will be an example, but not perfect. Side Panels removed helps get more air in, but it doesnt have the flow. A good flow case, with enough fans, will have a "wind tunnel" affect, keeping air moving through the case as a whole. This will help not only the GPU, but everything else as well.

Dec 5, 2022
kinda found an workaround, downloaded FanControl, set an graph so the fan would do 50% at 70°C, and boom.. max temps at 75°C in NFS Heat with graphics kinda maxed out. Over 50% fan speed it's getting really noisy. Maximum % the fan would work was at 44, 6% makes a lot of difference LOL.