*Guide to Choosing Parts*

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuccck

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2008
awesome work Proximon!

Just a suggestion, you may want to change the date in the first post to updated as of November 21st.

execute

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Hi there

Great guide, to the point and no messing around. I have a question regarding compatibility though, I've decided to go with the P5Q-deluxe and I've set my heart on the 4870 1G (ASUS) but its seems to be sold out at my shop.. will a Gigabyte or MSI or GeCube still work well with my mainboard if i cant wait for the ASUS? What are the pros of sticking with with ASUS - ASUS (if any) and the cons of mixmatching (if any).

foxrocks

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
No pros, no cons in terms of mixing brands on your motherboard and your video card.

There may be pros and cons between video card brands regarding cooling, fan noise, factory overclocks etc but that's a different matter.

Ctas

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
To the top!

And thanks for both your guides as a new builder who didn't have a clue, this is a post that every new builder who is doing research and wanting to find a good guide should look at. Very informative but very simple and concise!

This would be a great sticky!

Status
Not open for further replies.