Guild Wars 2 Public Beta Signup Limited Time Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i just hope they have enough content, and that they got rid of the retarded crafting system of the old game. i mean yea, i can get up to level 20 in a day if i tried, but the combat was so lacking, and with no friends, it became boring, and once i hit the 20 mark, it was a japanese/korean style crafting system that was basically get 5 of the stupidest objects you can find, and magically armor/weapon is born. i quit a bit after i hit level 20 because i didnt like the style of game they had going... but it was a fun game till the 20 mark, and i would recommend it to anyone... just dont expect much after it.

G

stop bitching about gw1 its from 2004 read about gw2 before you cry

goldenthunder

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Singed up as well. Recognised only one of my GPUs (with wrong amount of memory) and only the first partition (30GB, almost full). Oh well, let's see what happens :)

whitey_rolls

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
[citation][nom]eklerus[/nom]I signed for the beta the program only recognized my Intel HD graphics 3000 I’m so ashamed[/citation]

It isn't necessarily a bad thing, Arenanet will need to test the game against all different types of hardware. I would hazard a guess you would have a better chance of getting in with lower end tech than a guy who has 580 GTX in SLI or something like that.

bacole08

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I played GW1 since launch and have been waiting patiently for GW2. For all who didn't enjoy GW1, GW2 is almost a completely different game. I've played the demos and it truely is revolutionary.

darkion

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
@matilda21708657 shut the hell up! This is an article about Guild Wars 2, no one gives a shit about your friend's half-sister! Can't wait for GW2!!!!!

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
ArenaNet will likely want to test the game on as many different systems as possible.

They did not list a minimum or recommended system specs list for the beta signups because they don't know yet. So if you have a low-end system, chances are you have a better shot at getting picked than people with high-end rigs. Because ArenaNet KNOWS it'll run on high-end rigs just fine. It's the low-end to mid-range systems they need to figure out and optimize for.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]whitey_rolls[/nom]It isn't necessarily a bad thing, Arenanet will need to test the game against all different types of hardware. I would hazard a guess you would have a better chance of getting in with lower end tech than a guy who has 580 GTX in SLI or something like that.[/citation]

Agreed. The more unique your machine is compared to the masses, the better chance you probably will have. I signed up for the Diablo 3 Beta on three rigs, my high end gaming desktop, my gaming laptop, and my shitty ass netbook. Take a wild guess at which one was picked. =P

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]herroplease[/nom]stop bitching about gw1 its from 2004 read about gw2 before you cry[/citation]
im guessing that's directed at me, and i can forgive you because you obviously don't play games, otherwise you would know this... companies dont tend to go far away from what they know. look at most games, rpg, shooter, whatever, and look at companies that make one game, than make a completely different game in the same genre, almost all the time, the games are similar, borrow aspects from earlier games and so forth...

the main thing i hated about the first guild wars was after you hit level 20, the only reall way to upgrade your character was the retarded crafting system, you didnt find better weapons or armor, you gatherd material, in the stupidest shopping list you could possibly find... turttle shell, string, some dirt, a bandits foot... and magicly that combines into high level gear... get me metal that has to be worked into an object, and to add a magical property, get it enchanted, etched with runes, set stones in it with propertys, or even bathe it in blood of a magical creature...

what i fear is that going for a wide casual audience they will make the end game character advancement easy to get to, and have a stupid as hell crafting system to gear up... all i seen of the game so far points to a crap ton of fun... but a japanese/korean style craft system would kill all enjoyment for me.

[citation][nom]bacole08[/nom]I played GW1 since launch and have been waiting patiently for GW2. For all who didn't enjoy GW1, GW2 is almost a completely different game. I've played the demos and it truely is revolutionary.[/citation]

combat wise, yea i have seen those demos too... but i doubt that they showed off how you get equipment, and that is a major sticking point for me right now.

heres hoping for a strong solo game, as i tend to never make friends in online games... never understood why.

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]... the main thing i hated about the first guild wars was after you hit level 20, the only reall way to upgrade your character was the retarded crafting system, you didnt find better weapons or armor, you gatherd material, in the stupidest shopping list you could possibly find... turttle shell, string, some dirt, a bandits foot... and magicly that combines into high level gear...[/citation]

This demonstrates you never played the game enough.

The collecting of "retarded" stuff in exchange for max level armor was meant so anyone could get it. From casual players to hardcore players.

That eliminates the "I have more cash than you so my stuff is better"

For every weapon/armor that has all the bells and whistles, there's a collector (often "uglier") item with the same stats.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]whitey_rolls[/nom]It isn't necessarily a bad thing, Arenanet will need to test the game against all different types of hardware. I would hazard a guess you would have a better chance of getting in with lower end tech than a guy who has 580 GTX in SLI or something like that.[/citation]

You seem to not familiar with English. By "only Intel HD 3000", that means they have another gpu probably because they are using graphics switching on their motherboard such as Intel's Z68 express chipset.

Fyrilin

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
[citation][nom]eklerus[/nom]I signed for the beta the program only recognized my Intel HD graphics 3000 I’m so ashamed[/citation]
Anet has said that the scanner picks up all hardware (I'm not sure the exact extent) but only displays a limited amount. This shouldn't be a problem.

[citation][nom]aladin[/nom]the main thing i hated about the first guild wars was after you hit level 20, the only reall way to upgrade your character was the retarded crafting system, you didnt find better weapons or armor, you gatherd material, in the stupidest shopping list you could possibly find... turttle shell, string, some dirt, a bandits foot... and magicly that combines into high level gear... get me metal that has to be worked into an object, and to add a magical property, get it enchanted, etched with runes, set stones in it with propertys, or even bathe it in blood of a magical creature... [/citation]
Guild Wars 1 had relatively reasonable "shopping lists" as far as I saw: leather for ranger gear, metal for warrior armor, ink for necromancer..I'm not sure how that's "the stupidest shopping list". As for upgrading after level 20, Guild Wars 1 DID have runes and weapon upgrades that you could only get the best versions of after level 20. It sounds like you didn't understand the game other than the introductory stuff and didn't take the time to learn. Instead you bash the game when it's really your own fault.

For those of you complaining about crafting in GW2, please do a little research. Specifically, look at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting. The crafting system in Guild Wars 2 is VERY different than the equipment acquisition in GW1.

makafri

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
about gw1... is not true that the only way to upgrade your character after level 20 was "the stupid crafting system" in guildwars 1 you can easy have top´stats armor and weapons at level 15, with a very small amout of work... you should work a little more to have the better runes and insigns (+50 health for example) the real way to upgrade your character were acquiring the skills and mixing them... and that my friends was only possible with knowledge of the game... because you can get all the skills and the correct bar with a monk... but you dont know how to used them and specially the time to do so... then you are an usuless character in the group... the only real way to be good in guildwars was nothing to do with the gears... was about the skill of the players... and thats the best part of gw, and I think if even in gw2 all the skill and crafting system is different...they will continue with that spirit...

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Sweet. I got nothing better to do than improving heroes skills and doing Z quests by myself. I'm looking forward to testing beta.

I loved GW until they nerffed my fav skill asuran scan. I stopped playing for a while but they won me over with 7 heroes update.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]im guessing that's directed at me, and i can forgive you because you obviously don't play games, otherwise you would know this... companies dont tend to go far away from what they know. look at most games, rpg, shooter, whatever, and look at companies that make one game, than make a completely different game in the same genre, almost all the time, the games are similar, borrow aspects from earlier games and so forth... the main thing i hated about the first guild wars was after you hit level 20, the only reall way to upgrade your character was the retarded crafting system, you didnt find better weapons or armor, you gatherd material, in the stupidest shopping list you could possibly find... turttle shell, string, some dirt, a bandits foot... and magicly that combines into high level gear... get me metal that has to be worked into an object, and to add a magical property, get it enchanted, etched with runes, set stones in it with propertys, or even bathe it in blood of a magical creature... what i fear is that going for a wide casual audience they will make the end game character advancement easy to get to, and have a stupid as hell crafting system to gear up... all i seen of the game so far points to a crap ton of fun... but a japanese/korean style craft system would kill all enjoyment for me.combat wise, yea i have seen those demos too... but i doubt that they showed off how you get equipment, and that is a major sticking point for me right now. heres hoping for a strong solo game, as i tend to never make friends in online games... never understood why.[/citation]

Again I'll say what the other individual said in a more civilized fashion. Please read a comparison of GW1 and GW2. You'll find that they are fundamentally different. First of all it's not instanced anymore which alone completely changes the game. You have dynamic events personal stories and a lot of other stuff I'm too lazy to list but clearly changes the game. Oh and no holy trinity which also completely changes the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS