H100i V2 Question

EpicTheron

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
This is my first water cooling so I have a question.Is all i have to do is install the H1ooi V2 and connect it to the motherboard and boom its good to go? I dont need to do any thing else? like go into the bios and or download other things

EpicTheron

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from EpicTheron : "H100i V2 Question"

This is my first water cooling so I have a question.Is all i have to do is install the H1ooi V2 and connect it to the motherboard and boom its good to go? I dont need to do any thing else? like go into the bios and or download other things

theguyisback23

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
you tottaly need to add thermal paste (or grease if you prefer to call it) between the cpu and your Hydrocooler flat cooper surface! then use the screwdriver and diagonaly start to apply the same tightening (example top left corner 90 degres, bottom right 90 degrees,then the other top right and bottom left ) etc until you have a secure pressure , dont over do it though !
Dont forget to connect the fan to voltage from your motherboard !

Eldy

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015

To restate this answer, no you do not need to change any settings or download anything (unless there is software for pump controls, waterblock LEDS ETC.) Just make sure there is thermal paste between the CPU and the waterblock (some companies pre-apply it to make it easier) make sure it is fastened to the CPU using the correct mounting hardware and make sure the CPU FAN and HEADER cables are plugged into your motherboard or your computer will not post.