'H1Z1' Splits Into Two Games, Will Focus On Survival And Competitive Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Daybreak Games are a bunch of scumbags, they can't even finish one game so they break it into two. There should be a limit to how long you can be in early access before Steam automatically refunds everyone, one year absolute max.

FUNANDJAM

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
It looks more like a money grabbing scheme than anything else. If they really wanted to go that route, why not just offer two different modes within the same game instead of splitting it up.

niburt

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Money grabbing machine continuous... That greed for more and more money and ZERO actions against hacker and cheater.
H1Z1 had potential but the greed and lies of DayBreak Games is beyond comprehension.
I will may sure NEVER to support this developer, take a look at the reviews on Steam.

C'mon now, at the end of the day, Daybreak's devs are just people trying to justify receiving paychecks while the business slowly crumbles around them. In all honesty, my opinion of their team is they are absolutely bottom tier when it comes to animations, models, textures, coding... you name it. It's evidence to what a team of amateurs can do with professional tools. Have fun while it lasts. I never expected H1Z1 to be anything more than a vehicle to funnel money elsewhere. The same thing happens with Everquest. They're cash cows for God only knows what. I hope at least a few of them are living an extravagant lifestyle.

For the record, I have absolutely no skills to speak of, other than maybe typing faster than the average chimpanzee.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I seriously doubt Survival is going to be worked on. They may put out some token updates here and there, but its been clear for a long time that Battle Royal has been their bread and butter. I expect an announcement at the end of the year or sometime next year stating that they are shutting the Survival half down and only focusing on the BR side,. I just wish they would have had the balls to just say so. Plus, now that the game isnt going to be F2P, why are they still focused on using tickets? Oh yeah, its all about how much money they can generate as fast as possible with the least amount of obligation to what was originally pitched.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Bought it because my friends bought it. It was fun, until the servers would restart and you would lose everything and all ur work and base gone. Then again the game wasn't much fun beyond zombies, no real challenge, for the most part few zombies here and there. This was about a year and a half ago. Haven't touched it since i lost my login, but hearing that its still in early access and the negative rep it has lately. I rather just reminisce of the fun i had and not care to find or create a new login.

Status
Not open for further replies.