redfalcon125

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Excuse my English, I'm Spanish.
A month or so ago I bought a GTX 560 ti DS for my custom pc. To my annoince I have been struggling to lower the outrages temps on this card. I have a CM Haf X stock. Recently I found out that the graphics card exhausts the air inside the case causing these high temps. I don't know if this is true but either way I want to try a new fan layout for the case.

I was thinking of reversing the side 200mm fan making it an exhaust and adding a 120mm fan to the included vga duct pushing the air into the graphics card and then being exhausted with the side fan. I am no expert but do you think this will work? This is my first custom pc so I'm new to these things.

I have another question. I have an H60 cpu cooler that has a 120mm fan. I was thinking that I could take that fan and use it in the vga duct. I also have a 140mm fan that came with the Haf x originally. As you probably know the rear fan slot is predrilled with 120mm and 140mm mounting hole. Do you think I could install the h60 radiator in the inside of the case and then install the 140mm fan on the outside? Would the stock 140mm fan be sufficient to cool the radiator?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post :)

Xlerator

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Usually you would mount the radiator to the rear fan and make it in a push/pull configuration. Having your front fans be and exhaust and top to be a intake.

If you don't understand
Mount it just like the following

h80-installed.jpg

redfalcon125

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Yes that would be the ideal setup but the problem is that I don't have 2x 120mm fans. Do you think the 140mm fan of the haf x would do a good job cooling the radiator? i know it's not perfect but this is just temporary. :)
Thanks I'm going try reversing the top fans because my GTX 560 ti Ds gets up to 91 degrees while playing crysis!

Xlerator

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

No, it won't work if you put the 140mm on the radiator because I believe it won't but you can try to find a way to mount it.
When you have enough money to buy fans then get this:

Noctua NF-P12 $24.99 per fan on Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608004

OR

Noctua NF-F12 PWM $24.95 per fan on Amazon But I prefer Newegg.. Better quality
http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-PWM-Focused-Bearing/dp/B00632FL8A

There are both good. Your choice.