Halo2 DLC details

Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net

Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
development costs.

I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
this...

For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..

Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

No surprise. Bungie hasn't released a new map since it's release.
Another way to bring more profit. America has no culture; she has the
stock market. The only focus for most Americans, is material in nature.

DNA wrote:
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free
and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover
the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear
from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again,
these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Well, Expansion Packs generally only are made for popular games.

Hopefully it was stuff actually made after the game was shipped, and
not stuff taken out (like some DLC)

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.

"By late Summer, with the support of Mountain Dew, all the maps will be
completely free."
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacular&p=2747963

I don't know about anyone else, but I won't have all the maps until "late
summer."

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> DNA wrote:

> > Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.
>
> Well, Expansion Packs generally only are made for popular games.

I can understand if they make some core gameplay and graphics changes. But
charging this only for maps??

And about when they made it? We will never know the truth.. ofcourse they
will be made to say that they worked 25 hrs a day for this *after* November
9th.

They are FREE later on. Doesn't anyone read?

aether wrote:

> No surprise. Bungie hasn't released a new map since it's release.
> Another way to bring more profit. America has no culture; she has the
> stock market. The only focus for most Americans, is material in
> nature.

Yeah, Bungie should be more like that French company Ubisoft who released
free maps for Splinter Ce... oh wait, no they didn't, you had to buy them
too.

Pwned.

-Z-

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Thats only about $2.50 for a map. I think its very reasonably priced when
you compare it to other premium content available.

>>>Yeah, Bungie should be more like that French company Ubisoft who
released
free maps for Splinter Ce... oh wait, no they didn't, you had to buy
them
too.<<<

We're talking about the United States here. The only goal of the larger
developers, is pleasing the stock market and their shareholders. (see:
EA) Electronic Arts recently attempted to buyout Ubisoft, purchasing a
20% stake in the company. Bungie should be ashamed of itself, making
people pay for a few measly maps when they only released a handful to
begin with. I believe that's called contrived fleeceing.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

DNA wrote:

> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..

They will all be free by the end of the summer, according to Bungie; the
disc with extras will be $20 in retail stores, but they have not
announced the price of the maps as downloads.

"Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

> DNA wrote:
>>
>> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>>
>> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
>> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
>> development costs.
>>
>> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
>> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
>> this...
>>
>> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
>> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> They will all be free by the end of the summer, according to Bungie; the
> disc with extras will be $20 in retail stores, but they have not
> announced the price of the maps as downloads.
> http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacular&p=2747963

Yes, they have. Follow the link to the press release from the link you
posted.

Two of the first four will be free out of the gate.

$5.99 to get the first two premium maps.

$11.99 to get the other five.

So Live-ers will be paying $17.98 to get everything the second it's
available. Or they can wait and have them all for free by the end of summer.

aether wrote:

> We're talking about the United States here. The only goal of the
> larger developers, is pleasing the stock market and their
> shareholders. (see: EA)

As is the goal of most publicly traded companies.

> Electronic Arts recently attempted to buyout
> Ubisoft, purchasing a 20% stake in the company.

How does this relate to Bungie or downloadable content?

> Bungie should be
> ashamed of itself, making people pay for a few measly maps when they
> only released a handful to begin with.

The maps will be free by the end of the summer. Early adopters will pay for
them early, as early adopters so often do.

> I believe that's called
> contrived fleeceing.

I like that term. It has a nice ring to it.

-Z-

Looks like maps will be free by "late summer"
Might have to wait....; (

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Looks like maps will be free by "late summer"
Might have to wait....; (

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Looks like maps will be free by "late summer"
Might have to wait....; (

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Looks like maps will be free by "late summer"
Might have to wait....; (

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Bungie makes me ill, making people pay for a few maps. It'd be one
thing if they released alot to begin with. There's a total of four big
team maps. (Headlong, Waterworks, Zanzibar, and Coagulation) Them
charging for that epitomizes everything that's wrong with unbridaled
capitalism. I await the the collapse of this system. (and it most
assuredly will collapse)

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

"aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bungie makes me ill, making people pay for a few maps. It'd be one
> thing if they released alot to begin with. There's a total of four big
> team maps. (Headlong, Waterworks, Zanzibar, and Coagulation) Them
> charging for that epitomizes everything that's wrong with unbridaled
> capitalism. I await the the collapse of this system. (and it most
> assuredly will collapse)

Please hold your breath until then.

> Thoth wrote:
>
> Please hold your breath until then.

The collapse of the United States is inevitable. Common sense demands
it.

>> Thoth wrote:
>>
>> Please hold your breath until then.
>
> The collapse of the United States is inevitable. Common sense demands
> it.

You misspelled "hysterical jealousy."

But thanks for the laughs anyway. Please don't stop.

Don't misunderstand me. The U.S. will continue to exist, only in a
different form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower' label. (that
will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
plagued with criminality and poverty.

> Don't misunderstand me. The U.S. will continue to exist, only in a
> different form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower' label. (that
> will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
> plagued with criminality and poverty.

That's cool. Asian chicks are hot!

"aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Don't misunderstand me. The U.S. will continue to exist, only in a
> different form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower' label. (that
> will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
> plagued with criminality and poverty.

Kids say the darnedest things.

theone

another PBS special announcement brought to you by DR. Stupid......

" Don't misunderstand the powers of the darkside. The U.S. will continue
to exist, only in a
different and darker form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower'
label. (that
will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
plagued with criminality, poverty, and parades
every weekend where people dance naked."