Hard Disk 500 GB can be detected on PC but in TV not HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvpenaflor515

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
i have a 500 gb seagate hard disk that can be detected with my pc but then when i plugged it on my tv it wont detect it please help me i need this

Solution
No idea. Waffle incoming.

The first thought which comes to mind is whether your hard disk is mechanical or flash based. If mechanical, then I would wonder whether the USB port of the TV can provide enough power to it; if it can't then it can't be read. This assumes it doesn't have an external power source.

Second thought is whether the USB port on TV is actually working. Try a USB stick and a small file, like a picture, to see if the port works.

Third thought is whether the TV requires storage to be formatted to a particular system in order to read it. Check your TV manual for information about support.

That's all I've got. I'm sure others will have actual advice.
No idea. Waffle incoming.

The first thought which comes to mind is whether your hard disk is mechanical or flash based. If mechanical, then I would wonder whether the USB port of the TV can provide enough power to it; if it can't then it can't be read. This assumes it doesn't have an external power source.

Second thought is whether the USB port on TV is actually working. Try a USB stick and a small file, like a picture, to see if the port works.

Third thought is whether the TV requires storage to be formatted to a particular system in order to read it. Check your TV manual for information about support.

That's all I've got. I'm sure others will have actual advice.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.