HARD DISK MAKING CLICKING NOISE and WONT SHOW IN BIOS ..NEED TO RECOVER DATA

vire007

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Hello,
PLZ I REALLY NEED HELP..my 320 gb hard disk making clickling noise when i start my pc and when noise stop my boot screen appears and hard disk nt show there..even in bios is nt shows anymore bt hard disk still spinning its nt complete dead..my hard drive nt hv single scratch on it..and m sure its nt having any physical damage ..bt dnt knw why clickling noise coming...my pc config is amd phenom 9950 quad core black edition,asus motherboard M3A78-EM,nvidia gtx 460 ddr5, 4gb ddr2 ram,i connected 3 hard drive 80,160,320 gb and 500 watts power supply..I REALLY WANT TO RECOVER MY DATA BCZ ITS CONTAIN MY VFX WORK FILES and COLLECTION OF MY IMPORTANT TUTORIALS and GOOD COLLECTION OF MOVIES SINCE 1930 PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME I WANT TO RECOVER....i try spinrite also bt it not detect my hard drive

snakebitex

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Hello.
Man dont try anything fancy with the hdd cause you gonna have nasty results.
Try to start it with a hdd docking station whait until stops clicking and the usb it and migth work (happened to me one time with a cusotmer hdd).
You can also try surgery on hdd to fix it BUT YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE DOING TO DO IT. Please dont try this.
Here is a link eplaining some this for the spin of death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbq8vfs1wYY

vire007

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

i watch that video and u said hdd docking station? can u explain me in detail wat to do ...as far i knw only freezing method and replacing board with same hard disk size and same firmware ..m nt yet try this 2 method yet bt wana try bcz i want to recover data ..wat u think is it happen bcz of unsufficient power supply? any more suggestion or precautions? can i repair at home ?

vire007

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

thanks for replaying

vire007

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

vire007

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

thank u sir bt my hard drive nt shows in bios ....so is it worth to try this trick..m

got another computer to run ? .......... if so, boot that machine up. after boot up plug in the "bad" hard drive and see if Windows will find it. if it does you can now try and pull data off it. drive is probably scrap but this may be the only way to do it............. don't worry about the BIOS not seeing it in the machine it's in now.

vire007

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

yea i try in my friend pc i connect and start pc bt hard drive nt shown ..even i use spinrite 6.0 bt that software also nt detect my hard drive ...i really dnt knw wat problem was happen wit my hard drive bcz i dnt hv any single scratch on it .i use my drive very carefully bt .... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

StellarPhoenixS

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
after knowing your hard drive's current condition you would need to have a lot of expensive recovery tools as well as high level of training and most importantly: a special environment to run a recovery all by yourself. before all this all you should think about is “what is my/our data worth?” You are the only one that can answer that question.

All of these above requirements are mandatory to successfully recover data. My suggestion is to do a deep research and fine a right data recovery provider.

Betty Abraham

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

larak3x

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Have some wired solution... but I can't guarantee that may be it will work. power on the computer. as soon as you hear that tak tak noise just unplug the hard disk power supply and reconnect it. (HARD DISK POWER SUPPLY). and restart computer using alt+ctrl+delete . It works for me. but anyway you can't use you harddisk you have to replace it. http://m.bestofmedia.com/sfp/images/design/usr/smilies/bounce.gif

kettylondon7

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
You may take out the hard drive from computer and connect hard drive to another computer as slave drive or external hard drive, and then see whether it can be accessed. If still have problem, try this method: dead hard drive data recovery

One thing to take note is that you should not use the hard drive for other purpose before you get back all data on the hard drive. If hard drive is not detected even on other computer, you may try device manager
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Most of the time, clicking noise is the signal that the hard drive going to die, so you'd better access data on hard drive and have data backup somewhere as early as possible. Because once the hard drive bricked, it is very hard to recover data there.